Saturday, April 12, 2008

Update on my blog so far

Hello Friends, Family, Colleagues, Classmates, and Readers,

It's nearly two weeks into the month of April and we're still going strong. I participate in Relay For Life tonight and tomorrow, then I have an Admitted Student Overnight at work on Sunday and Monday, so today I will be writing a fair amount and trying to stockpile a few poem essays that I can easily post over the next few days. In the meantime, I wanted to share with everyone a great option that might make it worth revisiting my post from a few days ago on Yusef Komunyakaa's poem Thanks. Mike Hennessey---talented writer, Phillies fan, Ted Berrigan afficionado, Visiting Professor at St Joe's, trusted workshop classmate, and all around good guy---has been a reader of my blog and offered a fantastic suggestion. As Managing Editor of PennSound at The Center For Programs In Contemporary Writing, Mike has access to numerous sound recordings of poems and poets. He saw that I had written about Thanks and knew this was a poem that he had audio of at PennSound. I'm not tech savvy by any means, so Mike sent an email with very easy instructions on how to make the necessary changes in html and add a hyperlink to the Komunyakaa reading of Thanks. Now, if you revisit the Yusef Komunyakaa post in my blog you will find a link just after the poem that will allow you to listen to the poet reading the poem. It is from a 1998 reading at the Kelly Writer's House.

Check it out,

Matthew

No comments: